Over the weekend I decided to take both of my favorite ladies out for a drink (or two) to the Coconut Club in DC. Anything that resembles the beach will automatically have my full support and attention. The restaurant/bar is an open space full of beautiful colors, murals and lights. You can feel the outside breeze as your sippin’ your drink and enjoying the vacay vibes.
If you’re in DC or making a trip to DC, this should definitely be a place to add to your list. Not only is the whole place instaworthy, the service is amazing!
JoJo MUST haves:
is that thing on fire? $24 rum, more rum, mezcal, tropical juices, even more rum, wray and nephew fire (serves 2)
I ordered this when I went and even though on their site it says serves 2 – I drank this all by myself #nojudgement It was the perfect mix of smokey and tropical. It was SO good. Oh, take it also from someone that isn’t a huge fan of Mezcal – this was yummy!
fish tacos $3.75 ea. (GF) kohlrabi slaw, grilled mango mayo, cilantro
Not only did I love the price of these, they were full of flavor and great if you’re not too hungry (order as many as you’d like)!
My #OOTD during my Coconut club adventure
Usually, I like to plan my outfit around the vibe of where I am going so for this type of restaurant I would normally do a skirt or some type of floral print but that wasn’t how I was feeling that day. So, as I got ready I started feelin’ like I needed to semi embody Lana Del Rey with a JoJo twist (ha!). So I went for an Americana look with some “umph” – bring on the denim with touches of red! I love adding things to an outfit that will make it pop and more personal.
Check out outfit details and links below:
- Dress: Zara denim dress – I love this dress and the fact that it has a good amount of stretch makes it flattering for us girls with some curves.
- Earrings: SOLSIS & CO. Golden rain drop earrings that gave my outfit just enough sparkle.
Headband/Scarf – I got this specific one from Free People and I checked their website and it’s no longer available but here’s a link to another fun one to compliment an outfit especially with fall coming so soon.
- Shoes: Zara VINYL SANDALS WITH METHACRYLATE HEEL I don’t know about y’all but I am a shoe addict. These heels are one of my summer favorites because they are comfortable and stylish all while having a heel that is over 3″ – now that is a WINNER.
- Red Balenciaga Bag – Sooooo umm, can we talk about this bag for a second? I am currently obsessed with this red bag! I love how small it is because it literally forces me to pack the essentials (my credit card, ID, and Lipstick)!
Funny story about this bag – I am SO extra that I overnighted it from Bergdorf Goodman because I wanted it to match my perfect red lip. They were the only store that would feed into my impulse and provide one day shipping. The customer service I received from them (both online chat and phone call) were amazing. I just love companies with good customer service makes me just want to come back and shop!
- Last but NOT least – My Classic Red Lip. Want the perfect red? Well I am going to make this short, sweet and super easy for you. SOLSIS beauty all vegan liquid lipstick is my go to red that’s super flattering and long lasting. #YoureWelcome
I kinda want to try out their brunch before the summer is over, do any of my reader babes want to join? 😉 Comment or message me, let’s connect!
JoJo the CEO